Sunday, May 20, 2012

Crafts: Grocery Tote

Here's the Grocery Tote (front and back) from Deploy That Fabric:

I wouldn't use this tote for grocery shopping, as it's only large enough to hold a few small items. Instead, I recommend using this tote as a gift bag, or to cart small craft projects and necessities. Regardless, this is a well-proportioned and constructed bag, and it comes together quickly.

The bottom of the bag is made from uniform scraps, but you'd be hard-pressed to tell at a distance. Still, the uniform fabric does make the dainty bag sturdier. The Amy Butler and Denyse Schmidt fabrics and satin ribbon make it soft and feminine.

I deviated from the pattern and didn't use ribbon to separate the body and base of the bag (I thought the ribbon tie was enough). Otherwise, I followed all directions.

Up next: the Hipster Purse (p. 16).

No comments:

Post a Comment