Saturday, May 26, 2012

Crafts: Military Monster Tote

I give you the Military Monster Tote (p. 51) from Deploy That Fabric:

This tote is aptly named, as it's large and an absolute beast to make. It has many pieces, layers, pockets, and requires multiple steps, lots of fabric, and patience. But it's perfect for day/overnight trips.

It has two pockets on the exterior and seven inside - more than enough pockets to keep you organized while on the go.

My only complaint is how the interior's bottom pockets are constructed. They have exposed seams (not pictured), which I don't like. Next time I will create French seams, and gladly lose half an inch of pocket space, or bind the exposed edges with bias tape.

I used hemp tape for the straps, which I don't necessarily recommend. While its color matches desert camouflage and is soft to the touch, it stretches and might not hold up as well as webbing.

If interested, other fabrics used are Loulouthi by Anna Maria Horner and Flea Market Fancy Legacy by Denyse Schmidt.

There's one more bag from the book to make: the Grommet Purse (p. 28). I know it'll be easier than this monster.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment