Sunday, May 13, 2012

Crafts: Mother's Day

Last year, my parents moved to a lovely part of Tennessee. The view from their living room is full of birds and other wildlife, flowering plants, and hill after hill of trees. I knew the prints in Cloud9's Alegria collection, designed by Geninne D. Zlatkis, would coordinate well with my parents' new surroundings.

Since my parents own two navy blue La-Z-Boy recliners and are on the hunt for a neutral sofa, I thought pillows would be a great way to tie the current and would-be furniture and outdoor views together. I chose the blue birds, walkabout, and blooms in blue prints (the blue birds are my favorite).

I usually make pillows with an envelope closure, but I opted for a hidden zipper this time (see this tutorial: Add a Zipper to Your Pillow). And I don't think I'll go back. The pillows are reversible, look more polished and professional, and require only a few more minutes of work - well worth the effort.

I hope Mom likes her pillows, but if not, she better return them to sender. I'm quite taken with them.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment