Monday, November 18, 2013

Crafts: Renfrew and Wristlet

Sewaholic's Renfrew Top pattern has been on my wish list for a while, and I'm so glad I've added it to my pattern library. It's a staple pattern that can be modified innumerable ways.

My measurements fall into three different sizes (8 bust - 6 waist - 2 hip), but a straight 8 works for me. I've read reviews that the pattern sizing is generous, but, for me, it's quite accurate. The 6 is too snug in my problem areas (upper bust and back), and the 8 is just right. (The fabric makes it look ill-fitting, but I swear it's not). The sleeves may be a tad long, but I like the extra length.

I did notice an error in the pattern directions: When constructing the cowl users are instructed to sew the un-notched edge with wrong sides together. This will result in an exposed seam! The diagrams show right sides together, so heed the diagrams and disregard the verbiage for this part of the step.

This heather mint fabric was also part of my Girl Charlee order. The fabric is nicer than the Striped Briar's, but it's slightly sheer, clings to my bra like Velcro, and not nearly as soft as I'd like. Where can I source high quality, super soft knits?

The Zip & Go Wristlet by Sweet Pea Totes is the first pattern I bought and made when teaching myself to sew. I've made twelve of these so far, but this is the first one I get to keep. I just love mint and orange together!

No comments:

Post a Comment