Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Crafts: Wiksten

So far I've made three Wiksten Tovas and three Wiksten Tanks. I've made size adjustments for each one and have finally found my fit.

My measurements register as S for both patterns, but I find a S/M combination works best for my broad shoulders.

For the Tova: S front with M armholes and M back, sleeve and cuff. I angle the back pattern piece 1/2-inch off the center fold at the neckline (as Made by Rae does here).

For the tank: S front with M armholes and M back, same angle, and I raise the neckline by 5/8-inch.

Now that I've sorted out the Wiksten sizing, I see myself making several more tanks and Tovas, some with sleeve, placket, and hemline modifications. But the original Tova may always be my favorite.

I love this flannel one!

No comments:

Post a Comment